Lomonosov Porcelain Bone China Cup and Saucer Oriental Dance 8.45 oz/250 ml
Lomonosov Porcelain Bone China Cup and Saucer Oriental Dance 8.45 oz/250 ml by Lomonosov Russia at Spank Dance. MPN: PS1023. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Welcome to the world of Lomonosov Russian Porcelain !The Imperial Russian Lomonosov Porcelain Manufactory was founded by Empress Elizabeth, Peter the
The Imperial Russian Lomonosov Porcelain Manufactory was founded by Empress Elizabeth, Peter the Great's daughter, in 1744. Here the gifted Russian scientist Dmitry Vinogradov independently discovered the secret of making Russian porcelain and developed the technology for its manufacture and the later creation of Lomonosov Russia.
Three hundred years ago no one in Europe had any idea of the materials and techniques used in making porcelain. The Chinese kept the secrets of porcelain production. Only in the early 18th century in Saxony the alchemist Johan F. Bottger discovered a way to produce "European" hard paste porcelain. These developments did not escape the notice of Peter I. During his frequent visits to European countries, Peter I pursued his interest in the secrets of porcelain manufacture and he attempted to introduce it to Russia with the help of foreigners, but unsuccessfully. Peter I's idea to establish his own porcelain production was brought to life two decades later by his daughter, who was then Empress Elizabeth (1741-1761).
Features & Highlights
- The item is HAND PAINTED. Hand wash is recommended.
- The original Lomonosov factory logo is on the bottom of each piece. Genuine Article - 100% Guaranteed.
- Material: bone china porcelain. Made in Russia by the Imperial Lomonosov Porcelain Factory.
- Capacity 8.45 oz/250 ml; Cup measures: L 4.4", W 3.3", H 2.2"; Saucer measures: Diameter 5.8", height 1"
- Pattern: Dance Pattern designer: V.Bogdanov Shape: Petropol Shape designer: M.Sorokin